Plato’s Caves invites poetry, fiction, reviews and articles on society, culture and politics from prospective contributors of all ages.
We receive submissions all through the year. We generally publish one post every week or every fortnight.
We neither charge any fees for publishing your work on our platform nor do we pay any remuneration for your efforts. This is a not-for-profit venture that runs on our labour of love.
We request you to send submissions based on the following criteria:
- All submissions should be sent in the form of Microsoft Word files. Submissions should be in either Bengali or English.
- Submissions should be original and unpublished elsewhere (print/online). All contributions published in the blog can, however, be republished elsewhere simply by acknowledging that it was first published in Plato’s Caves. While contributors may submit their contributions simultaneously elsewhere, we should be notified if any contribution is accepted elsewhere while under consideration at Plato’s Caves.
- Poems – Send not more than 5 at a time. Poems should be typed in Times New Roman 12, with 1.5 spacing. Bengali submissions should preferably written using software like Avro or fonts like Siyam Rupali or Kalpurush. Titles should be in bold. The combined length of 5 poems should not be more than 700 words.
- Articles/ Short Fiction/Review – These should also be typed in Times New Roman 12, with 1.5 spacing and the lines should be justified. Bengali submissions should preferably written using software like Avro or fonts like Siyam Rupali or Kalpurush.Opening lines of new paragraphs are not to be indented. Should not exceed 1000 words.
- If the submissions are to accompanied by artworks of any kind, those images should be sent separately. Submission implies that the sender retains all copyright, if any, and that the images in question can be legally published online without payment of any fees/royalty to any party.
- All submissions should also include a short bio-note of not more than 50 words.
- Please also send a picture of the author in .jpeg format.
- Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Submission for Plato’s Caves Blog’.